Applications are open again for BC Hydro and FortisBC customers to get a rebate on home and workplace charging stations. The CleanBC Go Electric Charger Rebates provide money back for charging station purchases and installations in single-family homes, condo/apartment buildings and workplaces.
Information and applications can be found on BC Hydro and FortisBC’s websites:
- BC Hydro Customers: https://electricvehicles.bchydro.com/incentives/charger-rebates
- Fortis BC Cusotmers: https://www.fortisbc.com/services/sustainable-energy-options/electric-vehicle-charging
Regardless of where chargers are being installed, these rebates are for “level 2” charging stations. See a description of level 2 charging stations below, or head over to our Charging 101 section to learn about the different “levels” of charging stations.
Single Family Homes
The Single-family homes category (SFH), includes detached single-family houses, duplexes, and townhouses with their own garages or dedicated parking. Applicants get half of the purchase and installation costs back, up to $350, to install an eligible level 2 charging station.
Condos/Apartments and Workplaces
Workplaces can get a rebate of up to $2,000 per charger to purchase and install eligible Level 2 networked EV chargers for employee use , to a maximum of $14,000. Pre-approval is required prior to purchasing and/or installing chargers.
There are two rebate options to help apartment and condo buildings get ready to support EVs.
The first option is EV Ready Rebates . These rebates can be applied for together to streamline the EV-related upgrades to a building, or can be applied for one at a time as the project progresses.
- EV Ready plan rebate: A rebate of up to $3,000 for the creation of an EV Ready plan – a professional strategy for the building to make at least one parking space per residential unit EV Ready.
- EV Ready infrastructure rebate: A rebate of up to $600 per parking space to install the electrical infrastructure required to implement the EV Ready plan, to a maximum of $80,000.
- EV charger rebate: A rebate of up to $1,400 per charger to purchase and install Level 2 networked EV chargers to implement the building’s EV Ready plan, to a maximum of $14,000.
The second option is Standalone EV charger rebates: A rebate of up to $2,000 per charger to purchase and install Level 2 networked EV chargers at a building’s residential parking spaces, to a maximum of $14,000.
🎉 im体育App’s EV Advisors are available for condominiums, apartments and workplaces that need help moving from idea to installation. Contact an EV Advisor to help get your project started.
Level 2 Charging Stations
Level 2 chargers are very common and can be found at community centres, parks, shopping malls, hotels, parkades and rest areas. Electric vehicle owners typically install one in their home garage using a 240v connection.
These charging stations use the J1772 plug except for Tesla versions, which of course use the Tesla plug. They provide more power than a regular household outlet and most vehicles will gain 20-40km of range per hour of charging. Tesla vehicles can use J1772 charging stations by way of a small, inexpensive adapter.
Other Charging Station Rebates
The CleanBC Go Electric Public Charger program aims to fill current gaps in the public DCFC network in B.C. such as Indigenous communities, rural and northern areas, and city centers experiencing long queues for DCFCs due to high ZEV uptake.
The CleanBC Go Electric Fleets program provides rebates for level 2 fleet charging infrastructure, and for electrical modifications or service upgrades to facilities in order to support charging infrastructure.